Safety Data Sheets
Primary SDS Sources
These resources are available from UC internet-connected computers (or remote access computers that have authenticated with a campus VPN connection). To access them from a non-UCI computer, contact your campus Chemical Hygiene Officer for assistance.
- UC SDS - the primary SDS source at UC.
- RightAnswer® Knowledge Solutions Online
- Contact EH&S at 949-824-6200 or email@example.com to request an MSDS or for technical assistance.
Other useful SDS sources
SDSs are an important source of health and safety information, but they should not be the only tool used to evaluate chemical hazards. Gather chemical hazard information from a variety of sources.
- Biosafety Material Safety Data Sheets
- ChemIndex, Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
- Pathogen Safety Data Sheets - Canada.ca
- SIRI MSDS Index
- VWR International
- Environmental Defense Fund Chemical Scorecard
- International Agency for Research on Cancer
- List of Controlled Substances and Listed Chemicals, U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- New Jersey Right To Know Chemical Fact Sheets (scroll down page for list)
- NIOSH Chemical Safety
- NIOSH Pocket Guide to Chemical Hazards
- Select Agent Program, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI), Environmental Protection Agency