Lab Safety Committee
The Laboratory Safety Committee (LSC) is charged with continuously improving and fostering the lab safety culture at UCI. The LSC evaluates the current state of campus laboratory safety programs including campus policies and procedures for the safe acquisition, storage, use, and disposal of hazardous materials. The LSC will assess and improve the following program areas of the Laboratory Safety Program:
- Communications with the Research Community;
- Training Programs and Resources;
- Laboratory Hazard Assessments;
- Develop, recommend, update and maintain policies applicable to the health and safety of laboratory workers;
- Laboratory design;
- Incident review and lessons learned;
- Special Program Areas (e.g., high hazard operational areas, visitor/volunteers, reproductive health, third party use of campus facilities).
In addition to providing oversight and guidance, the LSC has the authority to recommend to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost to modify, suspend, revoke and terminate any laboratory activities that are deemed to pose an unacceptable risk to life or health.
Vice Chancellor for Research, Office of Research
CFO and Vice Chancellor, Division of Finance and Administration