As part of the Safety On Site (SOS) program, two types of training are required: Environmental Health & Safety training and work unit specific training.
- EH&S SAFETY TRAINING is identified by completing the Safety Training Self-Assessment available in the UC Learning Center (UCLC).
- Safety Training Self-Assessment (STSA) completion instructions
- Complete EH&S required safety training in the UC Learning Center UCLC
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the STSA or your required safety training, contact your department SOS Representative or email email@example.com. If you have problems accessing or utilizing the UC Learning Center, email UCLearningCenter@uci.edu.
Note: Students and campus affiliates who need access to the UC Learning Center should complete the "Student and Affiliate Access" Form located on the UC Learning Center home page. It normally takes 24 to 48 hours to receive access.
Work Unit Specific Training supplements EH&S course offerings in the UC Learning Center. It addresses unique hazards and processes encountered in a specific work unit. Work unit specific training is identified through the Safety on Site (SOS) program provided or organized by the supervisor or SOS Representative for a work unit. Please visit the Safety on Site (SOS) program page for more information.
SOPs are resources intended to assist in the development of work unit specific training. For additional information visit the EH&S Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Required Safety Training
Safety Training Self-assessment
If you’re having trouble completing the STSA, please be sure that you have pop-ups enabled in your browser. When you click “Final Submission” on the STSA, a pop-up will ask you to confirm your submission by clicking “OK.” If this does not happen, your STSA will not be completed.
If you continue to have trouble with the STSA, please contact EH&S at 949-824-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
* ATTENDED or ACQUIRED - User completed the course
* ASSIGNED - User is required to take the course, but has not registered or started it
* OVERDUE - The original assigned due date has passed, so status moves from ASSIGNED (above) to OVERDUE
* EXPIRED - The user is overdue to retake a training