Updated November 17, 2023
The aim of the UCI Ergonomics Program is to prevent symptoms due to overuse and poor positioning of employees and workstation equipment, as well as, reduce costs to the university, associated with repetitive motion injuries. This is accomplished through a combination of ergonomic strategy planning in office design stages, workplace ergonomics trainings, evaluation of workstations and work practices, and the implementation of ergonomic control strategies.
- Ergonomics Computer & Office (Ergo eCourse) for On-site or Home Office Training and Self-assessment access in UC Learning Center (UCLC)
- Back Injury Prevention eCourse access in UC Learning Center (UCLC)
- Laboratory Ergonomics eCourse access in UC Learning Center (UCLC)
Computer and Officer Ergonomics Services
*For employees of the Health System (Medical Center), please contact Yvonne Ybarra firstname.lastname@example.org to request an ergonomic evaluation.
- Computer and Office Ergonomics Pre-approved Product Lists
- Purchasing Recommendations for Ergonomic Laboratory Equipment
- Ergonomics Program FAQ
- Policies – UCI Ergonomics Program
- UC Guidelines:
- UC Ergonomic Work group Projects:
- Other Workstation Resources