Returning to Campus Training
Updated December 16, 2020 | 11:30 a.m.
EH&S is committed to provide training programs related to COVID-19 for campus employee.
Returning to Campus - Mandatory COVID-19 Training
For the health and safety of the entire University, all employees, including all essential and employees still working on campus, must take “Returning to Campus” training online before reporting to their workstations on campus. This training is required by Cal/OSHA and the California Department of Public Health and addresses:
- What COVID-19 is, how it spreads and how to identify the symptoms
- The importance of healthy hygiene practices, including but not limited to hand washing, and routine surface cleaning
- The importance of physical distancing, and how to identify visual cues on campus
- UCI’s policy on face coverings and why it is important to use them in addition to hand washing and physical distancing
- UCI’s Working Well program, which helps you identify potential COVID-19 symptoms on a daily basis and gives you guidance on seeking medical care
- Who to contact in the event of a positive case
- Websites and additional resources to help keep you up to date on UCI’s policies regarding COVID-19
- Supplemental modules for employees working in specific job functions at UCI
As employees return to campus, it is important to understand that your health and safety is a priority. Even if you will continue to work remotely, but may need to come to campus occasionally, you must complete this training.
Please note: Modules for Campus Support and Auxiliary Services and for Facilities and Building Managers are primarily directed to those employees performing frequent cleaning and disinfecting activities. Other employees who work in these units and departments who do not perform these activities, need only take the General training module.
To start the course, log into UCLC here: www.uclc.uci.edu
Once on the UCLC home page, click on the orange box titled “Find A Course”, and search by title: “Returning to Campus”. When in UCLC, search using key words:
- Returning to Campus
No Access to UC Learning Center Alternative
If you cannot access UC Learning Center, access the training materials here. Information in this document meets the campus standard for training completion. Once the material has been reviewed, please complete and sign the training roster located at the end of the training material. Please submit the signed roster to email@example.com to receive credit for course completion.
Training for employees: All on-site employees are required to view a training video entitled “Returning to Campus,” which explains what COVID-19 is, how it is transmitted, the steps we’re taking to reduce potential exposures, and what you can do to protect yourself and others. The video will be available through the UC Learning Center and can be searched by title using the Find a Course function.